Long-term gaming focus and M&A led growth track record
- KKCG became the co-owner of SAZKA a.s., the incumbent Czech lottery operator, and in 2012 it became the sole owner.
- The SAZKA Group a.s. entity established.
- In October 2013 EMMA Capital completed its acquisition of a controlling 33% shareholding in the largest Greek lottery OPAP from the Greek state.
- In October 2015 KKCG and EMMA Capital have jointly acquired an indirect share of 11.3% in Casinos Austria AG (CASAG), Austria’s largest gaming and lottery company.
- In April 2016 the SAZKA Group acquired a 32.5% stake in LOTTOITALIA by establishing a joint venture with Italy’s incumbent operator Lottomatica SpA.
- In August 2016 KKCG and EMMA Capital merged their lottery and gaming assets into the SAZKA Group.
- In November 2016 LOTTOITALIA was awarded the Lotto concession for 9 years.
- In December 2016 SAZKA Group acquired an indirect 11.6% stake in Austrian Lotteries.
- In January 2017 SAZKA Group entered into binding agreements on the acquisition of further shares in CASAG to increase its indirect stake to 34%.
- In January 2018 SAZKA Group completed the acquisition of the additional shareholding in CASAG.
- In April 2018 the SAZKA Group acquired 67% controlling stake in SuperSport.
- In October 2018 the SAZKA Group increased its indirect shareholding in CASAG to 38%.
In March 2019, KKCG and EMMA Capital agreed on the split of the assets in the SAZKA Group. KKCG became the sole owner of the SAZKA Group including all its assets except for the Croatian SuperSport business.
- In November 2019, the SAZKA Group acquired additional 7.25% stake in OPAP.