Long-term gaming focus and M&A led growth track record
- KKCG became the co-owner of SAZKA a.s., the incumbent Czech lottery operator, and in 2012 it became the sole owner.
- The SAZKA Group a.s. entity established.
- In October 2013 EMMA Capital completed its acquisition of a controlling 33% shareholding in the largest Greek lottery OPAP from the Greek state.
- In October 2015 KKCG and EMMA Capital have jointly acquired an indirect share of 11.3% in Casinos Austria AG (CASAG), Austria’s largest gaming and lottery company.
- In April 2016 the SAZKA Group acquired a 32.5% stake in LOTTOITALIA by establishing a joint venture with Italy’s incumbent operator Lottomatica SpA.
- In August 2016 KKCG and EMMA Capital merged their lottery and gaming assets into the SAZKA Group.
- In November 2016 LOTTOITALIA was awarded the Lotto concession for 9 years.
- In December 2016 SAZKA Group acquired an indirect 11.6% stake in Austrian Lotteries.
- In January 2017 SAZKA Group entered into binding agreements on the acquisition of further shares in CASAG to increase its indirect stake to 34%.
- In January 2018 SAZKA Group completed the acquisition of the additional shareholding in CASAG.
- In April 2018 the SAZKA Group acquired 67% controlling stake in SuperSport.